Yes, we are hiring!
The Faith Center Ministries, Inc. was birthed under the direction of the Holy Spirit through two people, Henry & Carol Fernandez. Through faith, inspiration and purpose, Henry Fernandez continued to share the gospel to a growing number of parishioners. At The Faith Center Ministries, our goal is to reach the world for Jesus Christ through the empowering teachings of faith, hope and salvation, and by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord. The focus of the ministry is to prepare leaders for the 21st century, help believers discover their true purpose, and develop individual potentials and spiritual maturity through Bible studies, conferences, seminars, trainings, and through educational development. For more information on The Faith Center Ministries, please visit our website at www.thefaithcenterint.org.
Basic Job Function
This position directs and oversees all the financial activities of TFC including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, preparation of and analyze operational budgets, reconciliation of bank statements, supervision of all receipts and payment activities, forecast growth and development, etc., prepare Board reports and periodic congregational financial reports. This position is responsible for the development and application of financial procedures surrounding the receipt, payment and recording of all financial activity. This position requires the performance of advanced accounting and management skills and familiarity with QuickBooks, Excel, Word and Power Point software. This position requires a motivated, self-starter candidate. Candidate must be able to excel in both written and oral communication.
- Supervise staff responsible for the counting and posting of cash receipts.
- Oversee the payment process for all vendors.
- Oversee the purchasing process for goods and services.
- Perform internal audits to test accounting policies procedures.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Communicate with external accountant (CPA)
- Prepare monthly reports for senior management and department heads
- Prepare weekly pastoral reports
- Prepare annual budget for submission to CFO.
- Audit safes inventory weekly.
- Manage acquisition of assets and related depreciation
- Oversee and review annual physical inventory of all assets owned by TFC.
- Review monthly cash flow reports for each department
- Conduct training sessions for staff as needed.
- Coordinate special projects (re-finance, leasing and selling property, property insurance settlements, etc.)
- Prepare semi-annual Board financial reports
- Process bi-weekly payroll and post to general ledger
- Address all compliance issues (income tax, annual reports, insurance renewals, etc.)
- Responsible for weekly cash-flow management ( strategy and implementation)
- Confers with CFO to coordinate and prioritize budget planning.
- Post monthly journal entries as needed
- Formally close books monthly.
- Appropriate handling of confidential information at all times
- High level of integrity
- Detail-oriented with analytical comprehension
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Supervisory and management skills
- Ability to design and implement financial and corporate policy.
- Ability to design and implement strategic plan
- Intimate knowledge of general accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Proficient computer skills including typing
- Extensive knowledge of Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Must pass background screening.
- Excellent analytical skill
- Direct experience in database file maintenance and spreadsheet management (prefer experience with Windows and Microsoft Office).
- Must be able to effectively plan and implement projects, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess the ability to self-manage, (i.e. schedule own time, be proactive, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and set priorities without direct supervision)
-Must be detailed oriented and organized
-A Bachelors Degree in Accounting
-7-10 years of experience in a receipts or accounts receivable environment
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Tuesday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
-Occasional weekend and evenings may be required
Interested persons who meet these requirements must submit a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church at (954) 742-7832 x1223.
The Faith Center Ministries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.